Online Advanced Lay Servant Training
Advanced Lay Servant Training:
Lay Servant training is designed to educate those persons interested in stretching their faith to participate more fully in the ministries of the church. They have three main areas of focus: Leading, Caring, and Communicating.
- Leading - Lay servant leadership takes many forms. Lay Servants provide leadership for small groups, mission endeavors, community organizations, worship settings, committees and teams, and more.
- Caring - Lay servants provide a caring presence in all they do. They may participate in visitation, welcoming and hosting guests, new member care, establishing local mercy ministries, prison ministry, and care for pastors and staff.
- Communicating - Lay servants, like all believers, are called to share the good news of Christ with others. This can occur through sharing an encouraging word with those who are suffering, speaking out for those who can’t speak for themselves, or presenting the gospel through preaching, teaching, or speaking. Most importantly this happens through leading a life that exhibits Christ in all they do.
The advanced class, based on Cokesbury’s book, “Each One a Minister,” by William Carter is a study of the book of Ephesians and what it teaches us about how we are called to use our spiritual gifts. Included in the course is the following:
- Ephesians 1- Being a chosen member of God’s family
- Ephesians 2- Living out our spiritual inheritance
- Ephesians 3- Our job and mission as the church
- Ephesians 4- Using our gifts
- Ephesians 5- The posture of leadership
- Ephesians 6- Armed for the Fight
- Exploring how to use your gifts
- Prepare and execute a 5-minute talk
Tuesday, April 18th 6-8pm
Thursday, April 20th 6-8pm
Tuesday, April 25th 6-8pm
Thursday, April 27th 6-8pm
You must complete all of the scheduled dates above to complete your training. To participate you will need either a cell phone that will allow you to download the Zoom app (please do so ahead of time) or a laptop, a steady wi-fi connection, and a willingness to learn in a modern way.
Registration fee for the class is $25. (Note: Basic Lay Servant class must be completed before taking Advanced Class) For more information contact Anne Bosarge, firstname.lastname@example.org.